Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What do i need to do regarding a claim that may be file

Customer Question

what do i need to do regarding a claim that may be file against me, the place were i used to stay, wanted me to move out, by a certain day because he was selling the house, i moved out and now he want to come after me for all got of other things which i think is not fair
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There is a claim with 0 dollars on it, but i have not received anything, i have all kinds of texts and emails threatened me at the time if i didnt agree to the amount. which i didnt, so thats when he filed after three months
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want to know what to do and how to handle it, he wants to do a publication about it
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me a little more about what happened?

1) What do you mean a place you used to stay? Did you rent, etc?

2) What is the claim for, exactly?

3) Is he claiming you damaged the property? Or, something else?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He was selling the house and waited until the last minute to tell me to move, like it gave me 15 days, to move., now he is trying to say I own him for waterbills, and other stuff but i have a list of emails that i got back and forth and also some threaten emails about if i dont sign saying i owe and willing to pay, then he will take me to court. so he filed something with the court, but it dont have a dollar amount