I received a subpeona to produce documentation oon a case. I…

Customer Question
I received a subpeona...

I received a subpeona to produce documentation oon a case. I was the contractor on job and did the repairs. The case is not against me nor my copany. They want to question me about anything I heard or witnessed which I have no knowlewdge. They are coming to my ffice to take deposition and collect a copy of my Proposal of work completed. Can I request payment for my time as this meeting is taking me away from on going projects and meetings I am currently involved with. This case in no way involves me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed, reported?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They want to know all employees that were on job. this work was done in 2011. Said employees are no longer with company and honestly if they were we could not tell exactly who performed work, This case has nothing to do with our work. Its a case between the property management and cox communicatins

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/8/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Yes I would ask for payment for your hourly rate for the hours in deposition.I would not agree to do it otherwise.Tell them you consider yourself an expert in your field and that you are entitled to be paid as such otherwise you aren't going to agree to be deposed.Hold out for what you want here and get it in writing that they will pay you . This is more than reasonable as you are burning valuable time to be deposed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You!
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

You are so welcome.I appreciate the chance to help

If you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Take care.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

.