Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Thank you, Can a contract be rescinded orally on the phone

Customer Question

Thank you, ***** ***** contract be rescinded orally on the phone or must a written letter stating cancellation of contract be sent and postmarked within the 72 hour of rescinding period. After I ordered the material on Thursday and called him immediately to tell him that it was ordered and we would be able to do the job according to his time scheduled he said that was fine. Then at 9:30 that night he called to tell me to hold up and he would call me back on Saturday. He did not cancel the contract on Thursday night. Because he needed the carpet asap, I told them to put a rush on the order to meet his needs. By the time I called Friday morning, the carpet was already cut to his specified sizes and I was responsible for the cost of the carpet. He called me on Saturday by phone to cancel the order. I told him the carpet was already cut and I was responsible for the cost of the carpet but his reply was that he got a better price. Please help as soon as possible. Thank you *****
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was at his house three times before he signed the contract. He had ample time to get other estimates.
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What state is this in?
Also, can you tell me was this a written contract? And it was a home solicitation?