How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118085
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from the Philippines and currently living in Norway.. I

Customer Question

I am from the Philippines and currently living in Norway.. I would like to ask if I can file a case against people that are harassing me by making story that can lead me in mental health problem. I am 30 years old and I am living with a 57 years old man who have a groen up kids in his previous marriage. Since I am young and they are not agree with our relationship they are vakling me a hore and making story that I am trying to sleep with my partners son which is not true. What kind of legal action I can do about it? Hoping to answer my worries. Thanks and Regards, Jen
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We are living in Nord-Trondelag Norway
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing yet but I am planning to do some legal action about it coz I have a 4 months old daughter nowvto protect against those people
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He was separated but not legally divorce when we started to live together, And they are saying that I was the reason of their separation which is not true he is legally divorced now
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a civil suit against the people making these statements to others for defamation, which is an action that requires you to prove the person is making known false statements against you and that as a result of these statements they are so outrageous (in this case) and damaging to your reputation in the community that you have been damaged. You will need an attorney there in Norway and you will need to know the identity of the people making these horrible false statements about you so you can serve them with the suit and get them into court.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** of proof I need to present to the court aside from the words came from their family themselves?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
In these cases, all you have for proof is the testimony of the people the words were told to.