How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am renting a space from a women who owns a small day spa.

Customer Question

I am renting a space from a women who owns a small day spa. She is looking to expand her current business into a larger space. She has asked me if i would like to rent a space together spliting all expenses but keeping our profits. How would we structure this?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as far as...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She wants to operate under her name and business license. I want to know how to protect myself since I am paying for half of expenses.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The current space I rent is a room and it is month to month. The place she wants to move into would have me listed on the lease. We would operate as separate business owners with the exception of splitting all expenses right down to marketing. I am concerned about liabilities and also investing in something that is actually her business. I am also concerned what happens at the end of the lease if she wants to continue without me. I really want to know how to structure this so I don't feel like I'm funding her dreams.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

You are basically forming a partnership for the purpose of sharing the rental, and there are so many thing that can go wrong without one that I strongly believe you need a local attorney to write a formal partnership agreement, that can address all future contingencies.

You can get a free consultation from some the attorneys listed by location here.

The Experts here are not allowed to prepare documents for you, but I hope this information is helpful.