How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19311
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired a web site designer to create a web site for my

Customer Question

I hired a web site designer to create a web site for my non-profit - which she did. I now want to change the web site as it is not working for my charity but the designer will not turn over the information I need i.e. server, etc. She is holding my web page captive by not releasing the information I require to transfer the administration to another person. What are my options?
JA: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?
Customer: Connecticut
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The designer says we have a contract but I can't seem to find it.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If the web designer refuses to transfer the information to you, you can file lawsuit to force the designer to release the information. In the alternative, your new web designer can use a web copier to copy the web site and then upload it to a new site.

Goodluck with your case,