How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 764
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 45 year old husband won't stop talking to a 23 yr old

Customer Question

My 45 year old husband won't stop talking to a 23 yr old that is harassing me and runining my marriage. We are buying a home that sits on my land. I have asked him to leave because he leaves all hours of the night and told me that he won't leave because his name is ***** ***** house. If I get a protection order on her does that include him since he is in the same household. He won't leave and as long as hes with her that is not fair to me:(
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I don't have a reason to put one on him he just leaves me all hours of the night and won't leave her alone. And another lawyers office said the only way I can make him leave is a protection order. I just was wondering if I can get one on her and if that would eliminate her contacting us.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no I just have all their texts
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no and thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

No, getting an order of protection against her will not extend to him whatsoever. Where do you currently live, on the land that is just yours?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
in a mobile home
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

Why don't you just change the locks and if he starts pounding on the door and causing a disturbance and threatening you, call the police. After he does that, you would then have grounds to get an order of protection against him.

Does that make sense?