Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I am not sure if your are the correct person I need to talk

Customer Question

I am not sure if your are the correct person I need to talk to. My sister is at Washington State Hospital she has been there for about a month. We do not have a person designated as a person in charge of her pesonal affaires. Her son Josh asked if the could trade moble homes becouse hers is larger and sits next to his in a moble home park, I have the title for my sisters home at my possession. he wanted me to take the title with us to see her this last saterday so she could sign the title over to him I told him that she could not sign the title as she is not compatentto sigh. he now wants to become her power of atterney. I am afraid if and when she gets out she will have nothing. I have her debit card and have been paying her bills since augest when she was admitted to peacehealth in Longvie I don' know what to do.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: Washington she lives in Longview
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no I don' know how to do that and not sure where to go . Josh is talking about seeing a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Josh for the two and a half months at the hospital in Longview did not go to see her once. Before she went into the hsopital Joh had his mother sign the title over to him so he could get a loan. Sue told me that she signed becouse Josh said he maynot get the loan if she didnot sign but she did not date it so that was ok
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Here you need to report this to Adult Protective Services this is exploitation of an elderly person.They may ope a guardianship here for the mother.She needs to be protected as you state.Please contact them immediately this is a potential crime to take advantage of her in her current condition.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

ontact APS for reports on allegations of abuse, abandonment, neglect, self-neglect and financial exploitation of vulnerable adults living in the community and in facilities.

CountyAPS Contact

Adams, Asotin, Benton, Chelan, Columbia, Douglas, Ferry, Franklin,Garfield, Grant, Kittitas, Klickitat, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Walla Walla, Whitman, Yakima

1-***-***-****
(TTY)(###) ###-####sland, King, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom

1-***-***-****
(TTY) 1-***-***-****

Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Kitsap, *****, *****, Pacific, Pierce, Skamania, Thurston, Wahkiakum

1-***-***-****
(TTY) 1-***-***-****

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

I appreciate the chance to help you today, thanks again.

If you can rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.