How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118789
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just sent it waiting on a reply, Im located in Alabama but

Customer Question

Just sent it waiting on a reply
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Im located in Alabama but the problem is in nj
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The assault at the hotel I signed a report but they told me I needed to calm down and wait till the next day to file a complaint since I had been drinking I only had one drink and it had been over an hour he had almost a fifth and he ripped my clothes off of me and drugged me out his car. They let him leave and made me go to my room telling me I had a year to file a complaint and it would be up to the judge then when I told them I wanted to pursue it they was like do you really want to have to keep coming back here for this. They tried to make it like we both just needed to let things cool down so that's what I attempted to do give him his space. After he said he didnt want to get back together or get married I told him I was cool with that just give me my money
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need someone to get me an address for him that I can serve him a lawsuit to get my money back. I have some for him but they are ones he claim are no good I know hes at the job so that's why I wanted him served there
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry but what is your question for us about this whole thing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Obviously my first question was lost. I tried contacting him bout my money he had blocked my number so I blocked my phone to ask him why did he block me. He basically started acting like he didnt know who I was so I told him give me money or I was taking him to court. He then started calling me out my name at which point I went online to get the forms to sue him in court. Once I did I had my family forward the documents to his phone since I could not send them myself due to the block. He then threatened to put a restraining order on me. Cool if it will provide me with the but information to sue him in court. He scammed me out of over $10,000 promising to marry me and claiming the money was going for a truck he was trying to purchase and wanted me to be his driver. I have texts from him saying he would pay me back but I think he been trying to buy time so he could disappear for good even off his job since that's the only sure location I know he is at. I have a car and tag number his job address which NJ courts say I can't serve him there and a phone number that hes threatening to change. I just want my money that's it and I think he just buying time to disappear with it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So, if he took money from you that he was supposed to repay you and owes you money, then you can file suit against him. However, you need to find him to serve him, but we cannot provide you an address if that is what you want to know from us, was that your question?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is a couple of the evidence I have. The court documents I sent him and proof ive tried to locate him but he doesnt stay in one spot.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No my question was if he did seek a restraining order would he not have to provide the court with an address. I don't think he will that's just another tactic to use im just going to call the courts and see if I can send process to all the possible addresses on of them should work
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You will have to find him and have an address on him. If the police report does not have an address you will need an address from someplace to find him to serve him with the suit. So, perhaps the best way to deal with this is now you have calmed down as the police told you, you need to go to the police station and file criminal charges and let them find him and when they do then you can serve him the restraining order as well as you can serve him your lawsuit against him for the money he defrauded you out of. You must have an address on him to be served though in order for you to take any court action against him.