Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

This couple has only been married 2 months, husband is in

Customer Question

This couple has only been married 2 months, husband is in hospital (not going to live) wife is not a legal citz. of California....What are Family's rights???
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean by filed or reported?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Husband has a his own business....Family is trying to get it going...Husband just bought a house..family is trying to up payments...Wife thinks when husband passes it all her's...
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

California, as you know is a community property state. The spouses "potential" interest would be based on many factors. Was the home purchased with the husbands money only? Was the wife placed on the deed to the title of the real property?