How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118788
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My criminal complaint says violation of 2925.11(C)(3)(g)

Customer Question

my criminal complaint says violation of 2925.11(C)(3)(g) felony of the fifth degree, but when I looked up the Ohio Revised Code it appears to be a felony of the second degree. Would that be considered a mistake of law or not? Maybe just a clerical error perhaps?
JA: Have charges been filed in this matter? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: when I was indicted a month later, they changed it to 2925.11(A) trial is in 2 weeks
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: I live in Colorado, I was pulled over in Madison County Ohio.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the police edited the dash cam video. Forensics report said it was not an original. One of the troopers squirted something on the vehicle where the K9 hits a few minutes later. An audio file was recovered with voices that say "I didn't say anything about squirting anything on the car", then a male voice says, "What if it leaks?" I was not following too close. The officer did not read me my Miranda Rights. I asked for an attorney - the officer paid no attention that I told him that. I was interrogated for 2 hours without it recorded and no attorney there. I have had 2 public defenders that were obviously not on my side. the Trooper mislead the courts to believe my car was picked up off the highway - but in fact the Trooper drove away in the car by himself with the alleged marijuana. The vehicle inventory report is signed off the tow company picked up the car before the time the still photos were taken of suspected evidence. One of the still photos taken shows a bag that looks like nothing is in it, then 2 minutes later a photo is taken with the same bag jammed packed with marijuana the zipper would not be able to close. The dash cam video shows no suspected marijuana. The substance analysis report is in the passengers name and his charges were dismissed without prejudice -not enough evidence, then the prosecutor told the Madison Press his charges were dropped because they will be wrapped up with an ongoing investigation with the DEA. I have no idea if the passenger actually had the marijuana in the car or if the Ohio State Patrol put it there. Still to this day, I have not been shown proof that it ever existed. I have a clean criminal record, clean driving record and they want to send me to prison for years for something I did not do. My Due Process Rights have been thrown out the window. And so much more........... I can't receive a fair trial. I have made 7 trips to ohio, my house is in foreclosure, I can't afford to have the gas turned on, therefore my family has no heat. our water just got turned off. My drywall company is struggling to make any money. now it appears I am forced to represent myself for my trial because I just fired my public defender because he refused to properly represent me. he argues and screams at me and calls me names. He wouldn't answer emails with questions. and when I try to explain what happened, he tells me I'm wrong because the State Patrol wouldn't do that or they're allowed to do things like they have done. I'm scared to death, haven't been arrested since I was 18, that's over 30 years ago. Called every pro-bona criminal attorney in that area in ohio - there are none. I have been told that a good criminal attorney is not going to take a case for free, and wont allow me to make payments for the rest of my life either. ... Any ideas that might help me?? Maybe we should go back to the first question about the violated codes and if they are correct? Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What you are describing is a set up and that they are fabricating charges in violation of your civil rights. So actually if the evidence is showing what you say, the altered tape and the audio file about something being squirted on the car, this is something you need to be presenting to local civil rights attorneys and you should be looking in the larger cities, such as Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, which is where most of the civil rights attorneys are located. Furthermore, if you have evidence of them fabricating charges this needs to be presented to the FBI Civil Rights Division for investigation as this is improper conduct.
You cannot represent yourself in a felony case, the court will not allow you to do so and will appoint a public defender to your case to represent you or at least co-counsel with you in the matter.
You claim is that they violated your civil rights in that they have fabricated the evidence and manipulated the recording, which are serious allegations.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.