Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I worked at holiday inn express as a housekeeper for 6

Customer Question

i worked at holiday inn express as a housekeeper for 6 years..2 weeks ago someone left a pair of pants in a room and i called the desk and told them incase the person may still be in the lobby so i could get the pants to them but they werent so the desk girl said she would call them..so i put the pants in a back and took them to lost and found like i always did if i found something..so after work the head housekeeper called me and said the desk girl couldnt find the pants so after she called me 2 more times saying she couldnt find them..i offered to go out there and look for them..i found them in the floor beside a box so i took them to the desk and left..2 days later when i worked again i was called to the office and the general manager accused me of stealing the pants and fired me even though i turned them in to lost and found and then had to go back and find them again..then she refused to give me a paper stating why i was fired. but another housekeeper was caught actually stealing and shes still working and another was told after another write up she would be fired and she got another one and shes still there..i was treated very unfairly and now out of a job and i have kids at home
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Why do you think that you were treated differently?