How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My goddaughter in DC has a house in foreclosure. She has

Customer Question

My goddaughter in Washington DC has a house in foreclosure. She has another house in Maryland that is not. The bank is threatening her with a lien on the Maryland home. I want to file bankruptcy in order to sale the property home without the lien being attached . I understand that a plan called 363 sale? So I may sale the property to pay off the DC balance with a greater chance to sell the asset without the lien being attached I need a bankruptcy attorney in DC that understands. .
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Washington DC. No.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. She is currently living in North Carolina. But the property is in DC 20019.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The foreclosure is in process now.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you looking for legal representation for her in DC, is that what you are asking above?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am very sorry for any misunderstanding, but I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####