Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My goddaughter in DC has a house in foreclosure. She has

Customer Question
My goddaughter in Washington DC...
My goddaughter in Washington DC has a house in foreclosure. She has another house in Maryland that is not. The bank is threatening her with a lien on the Maryland home. I want to file bankruptcy in order to sale the property home without the lien being attached . I understand that a plan called 363 sale? So I may sale the property to pay off the DC balance with a greater chance to sell the asset without the lien being attached I need a bankruptcy attorney in DC that understands. .
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Washington DC. No.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. She is currently living in North Carolina. But the property is in DC 20019.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The foreclosure is in process now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/5/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you looking for legal representation for her in DC, is that what you are asking above?
Thank you for your reply.
I am very sorry for any misunderstanding, but I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You may contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Tina, Lawyer