How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I applied for unemployment and receive a letter strung of

Customer Question

I applied for unemployment and receive a letter strung of overpayment . Dec 2013 I received a letter my overpayment was satisfied. I receive a refund every time I made payments. I called because I couldn't understand why I was advised per IRS it was paid, I stated that could not be right and wanted to continue to make payments I was told I couldn't because I didn't owe anything. I advise the rep this is not right and I know it will come back in the future he stated I couldn't send any more payment they will be refunded. Now here I am today filing and I received a pre determination of my weekly amount and it would be offset because of an overpayment. What can I do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Based on my question, I would basically need to contact a lawyer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Basically would I still be required to pay the overpayment?