How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is refusing to let me visit with my grandson

Customer Question

my daughter is refusing to let me visit with my grandson because I took him to get his haircut without permission. Is there any way we can get visitation rights. He lived with us for the first 8 months of his life and he stayed with us 2 -3 day a week since he left. When he lived with us I was his main caregiver. I was up nights with him until he moved out. Is there anything we can do?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: M N
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They don't keep him clean on a regular basis, they don't feed him regular meals, they don't have a routine for bed time - he's up until 11 or later each night. He watches several hours of t.v every day and he's only 18 months old.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 8 months ago.

Good evening. Parents generally have a lot of control over the visitation and custody of their children, but there is a path for court-ordered grandparent visitation rights under limited circumstances. Is your daughter currently married to your grandchild's father?