How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41038
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was wondering about family law for join custody, I live in

Customer Question

Was wondering about family law for join custody
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in South Dakota my ex lives in Minnesota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed in Minnesota
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what rights my 9 year old has not coming to her visitation with me
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

If the ex has denied you visitation awarded by the courts then a motion for contempt and a show cause hearing are your remedies.She is not in compliance with court orders and she can be jailed, fined, ordered to pay your legal fees as well and costs.

You can certainly advise the other party if they do not comply here they are in contempt of the court's orders.You have rights to your visitation.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

You can file this yourself if you cannot afford a lawyer to do so.You always have rights here to your visitation.

I appreciate the chance to help you , please let me know if you have more follow up.

If you can rate 5 stars when we are done it is sincerely ***** *****