LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I was going to refinance my van but signed no papers the

Customer Question

I was going to refinance my van but signed no papers the same credit union that i owed is the one that was going to refinance they sent me the released title by mistake i m sure but they signed it do i have to give it back to them
JA: How old is the vehicle? When was it purchased?
Customer: it is 2007 I bough
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: sorry I bought it in 2012 I bought it in tx but now live it Michigan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Part of the loan contract that you signed with the lender allowed them to keep the title and be listed as a lienholder until the loan was paid off.

While you don't have to give them the title back, you will find that if you do not, they will call the loan as due in full and they will then sue you when you don't pay the loan off immediately.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug