How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for a civil right/employment lawyer from New

Customer Question

I am looking for a civil right/employment lawyer from New York area. I filed a job discrimination charge with New York State Division of Human Rights (NYSDHR) but the NYSDHR seemed to be unfair. I need a DETAILED information about the different STEPS I need to follow if I want to file an appeal with New York state Supreme Court. I am looking for someone who DO truly have experience on it but not just someone who thinks he/she knows it.
I applied for non-entry level positions with a Department X of New York State Government, and the Department X said I was not qualified because of lack of experience in that field I applied for. Then I applied for the entry level positions in the same field, and the Department said I was overqualified for the entry level positions. A candidate can’t be both overqualified for the entry level position and underqualified for the non-entry level position; so I filed a age/race/origin job discrimination with NYSDHR. Unfortunately, the investigators of NYSDHR seem to be unfair: they ignored the above mentioned “reason” of Department X and my rebuttals; then they dismissed my charge. I want to file an appeal with New York state Supreme Court but I don’t know the detailed steps such as notice of appeal, record on appeal, etc. I also wonder if I can ask a right to sue letter from EEOC and file a federal charge at federal Courts because people say the chance to win the appeal is 0%.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. JustAnswer experts cannot take customers on as clients. This is a simple Q &A service. So, what I can do is refer you to some referral associations in NY/NYC that can help you find someone if you'd like. REPLY and let me know, if so.

Or, if you want to simply chat about the case and have some questions (interaction between NY and EEOC, right to sue letter, etc), reply and let me know as well.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you but that's NOT what I want.

Related Legal Questions