How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are seeking a divorce. We are in total

Customer Question

My wife and I are seeking a divorce. We are in total agreement and have all the papers filled out. Uncontested and no children involved. Looking for an attorny to process the papers through court.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia, Coweta county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are both in our sixties and we have no property to settle.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

Are you sure you need a lawyer to process it if you have the paperwork filled out? Perhaps this is something you can accomplish on your own, it is not too difficult. Let me know what you are thinking and if you just need some names of appropriate lawyers in your area.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't live in the area and it could be difficult for me if I needed to make multiple trips to the court house.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

Well, you can generally mail that stuff in, there should be no need for a personal appearance. Let me know your thoughts on trying that.