How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34473
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an incident with the dentist, dental material became

Customer Question

I had an incident with the dentist , dental material became lodged in my nasal passage while making a denture. I do have a defect in my palate from an accident in 1986, this was well known to my dentist.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The upshot was I had to go under general anesthesia to get it removed and expenses close to 1500 and possibly more coming.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My dentist has never offered to help or anything. She blames me because when she used the dental material she pushed so hard it went into my airway causing me to lean forward= it was quite terrifying.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: iled
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will be assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.
You may have a viable claim for dental malpractice based upon the dentist's negligence in pushing material into your airway. You would ned to prove the dentist breached their duty of care owed to you through the expert testimony of another dentist.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.
They would testify that, for example, the dentist used the wrong technique or failed to monitor properly when a palate defect is present
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.
While an attorney is not required, I strongly recommend that you retain local counsel to assist you, as this is, potentially, complex litigation. Many attorneys will do this on a contingency fee. You would not need to pay anything upfront. Also, the attorney will have access to resources, such as expert witnesses, which you will need for your claim.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise: is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!