Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I also wondering if I have to by law allow a code inspector

Customer Question
into my residence which is...
i also wondering if I have to by law allow a code inspector into my residence which is also my place of business. We are NOT open to the public though, its merely a storage location for my business. Its a house turned commercial zoned, residential, commercial C2 and Horse property. I have been left a notice stating inspection is scheduled for 11/16 and that its a misdemeanor if i don't let them in.
JA: Have you consulted an attorney yet regarding this matter?
Customer: no notice just posted. i do NOT wish to let them in
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: sun valley, ca 91352. I have high fences so they really can't seen in other than aerial gps
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a messy front yard but i will clean it before the inspection date
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/4/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, you have to let the code inspector in. Otherwise, you are courting legal headaches.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i thought they would need a search warrant?

No they do not. They are conducting inspection and not looking for evidence in a criminal case.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law