How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118764
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a ceo of company that has no further and debt I own 35

Customer Question

I am a ceo of company that has no further and debt I own 35 share and I dont want to try ti save i want to resign as CEO and move on with my life how do I do this
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My other 35 owner is in charge of sales and does not bring any buisness in the past 2 years
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to quite just need to know what to do this job is effect my heath and I just want to go back to work for someone with no resposible
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can resign from the company and if this is a corporation or LLC you would have no personal liability for any debts of the company. If you want you can agree to sell your shares back to the company or you can give them back to the company and walk away completely. You would have the company file an amended annual report removing your name from the company or you can file the amended annual report before you resign so you make sure your name is ***** ***** officer of the company.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.