Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I had two credit cards with Capital One that I used for

Customer Question

I had two credit cards with Capital One that I used for travel. When I lost my job, I was unable to pay them off so Capital One closed the accounts and sold them to a debt collection agency handled by a law firm in Lubbock, Texas. I paid them off about a month ago. The law firm said that they will drop the law suit. I received two letters from the county courthouse stating that the plaintiff being Capital One has filed Non Suit against me with prejudice, both parties to pay their own costs? Does that mean that they will not sue me? What does with prejudice mean?
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

,

Basically that means that they are dismissing the suits against your forever as "with prejudice" means that they are forever giving up any claim that they might have against you. It means that you will pay any legal costs you have and they will pay theirs.

..

So that is a good thing.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Barrister, I appreciate your help.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

.