How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Some person had a secretary write me a totally legal check

Customer Question

Some person had a secretary write me a totally legal check made out to me for 3,000 but then he accidentally wanted to make it out to 300 and he lives out of state could I just keep the money with no legal trouble?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Michigan.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet I told him right away that it was made for 3,000 and he has just been blowing up my phone now, but he did say it's reliance was on my 100% assistance
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did the person actually owe you $300 or did they owe you $3000?