How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118637
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] - how can i get these harassment charges off

Customer Question

Second opinion] - how can i get these harassment charges off my record
JA: Has a warrant notice been sent? Is this a first-time offense for harassment?
Customer: it was 1st time offense and yes i paid a fine on 1 charge and the other 2 were dismissed but all 3 are still showing up because theyre on the same arrest
JA: In what state did this occur? And has an attorney been consulted?
Customer: texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i hav e these all 3 gone
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you expundged these charges all 3 for me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
another question what the governor he could pardon these charges all 3 couldn't he
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You cannot expunge a misdemeanor conviction in Texas unless you plead guilty under a deferred adjudication. If you did not plead under a deferred adjudication, then in order to try to clear your conviction from your record, you have to file a motion to set aside/vacate conviction and get the court to agree to remove the conviction. Once they do so you can file a motion for expunction in the court and ask the court to order the charges removed from your record. If you did plead under a deferred adjudication, then all you need to file is a motion for expunction with the court.
As far as the governor, he can grant a pardon for convictions, not for dismissed charges, those can be removed with a motion for expunction. Also, a pardon does not remove the charge from your record, it only removes the conviction and the charge would still appear on your record and would show a pardon and in order to remove it at that point, you would have to file a motion for expunction in the court where the charges were filed.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.