Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

High 1st dui two years ao in diff state and diff license

Customer Question

high 1st dui two years ao in diff state and diff license have never held a license in my new state of nc can i go get one besides higher insurance rates, i do have misdeameanor vop for dui plea
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes i plead guilty a little over two yrs to dui misdeameanor ist offfense no aggravating
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: all i want to know since i have never held nc license but have lived ere two yrs n n extradite for misdeameanor shouldnt i be able to get license if i pass the tests minus hiher insurance premiums?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: north carolina conviction for 1gui in fkl over two years w fl license only dui
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1st DUI, on aggravating or any damage period,, happenned over two years ago in fla., left state violated probation on misdemeanor charge of 1st degree that I pled too. I have not had a NC license, where I have now lived ever. Can I just go up and get my license like about everyony else here in nc?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no aggravating or any personal/property damage, excessive speed, any sppeding nothing except charge that they never got illegal BAC and etc
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can. However, you would be subject to any restrictions as a result of your DUI in FL. NC and FL are both members of the Driver License Compact. This means that your conviction in FL would be reported to NC and treated as if the conviction and probation violation happened in NC.