How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1582
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was planning on visiting mexico and i would like to know

Customer Question

hello,i was planning on visiting mexico and i would like to know how to obtain a temporary hunting permit ?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: actually is the country of mexico
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not i was actually looking for a lawyer to help me obtain a temporary gun permit in playa del carmen,mexico
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats about it,thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 10 months ago.

In order to obtain a temporary hunting permit, you would need to get a temporary import permit from the Secretariat of National Defense prior to traveling to Mexico.

Here is their phone number: 52 55 2122 8800.

Here is the website as well:

There is a special permit available for the transportation of firearms for hunting. You should contact a Mexican lawyer though who can help you with the application process unless you are fluent in Spanish. Hiring a Mexican lawyer would be easiest anyways since documents will need to be filed in Mexico.