How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1612
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking a civil rights lawyer that represents clients

Customer Question

I am seeking a civil rights lawyer that represents clients in the State of Louisiana. What site may I go to in order to reach more attorney's?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, none other than it being reported to the company and them talking to me for months going back and forth.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was sexually harassed and discriminated against by first being banned for 30 days because he did not want me to speak to any one else. I spoke to Guest Relations Manager and he then retaliated and banned me for one year saying I had to write him a letter. I received this by certified mail. The company is Evangeline Downs Boyd Gaming. I reported it to Boyd Gaming and he was removed from his position. Also, there was a lot going on there illegal stuff and I could prove it with evidence. He banned me.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana. I was an Emerald Card Player. I have an audio because a top executive kept telling me the General Manager that ran the Casino had an X on my back. The attorney for Boyd said she was sorry what happened and his sexual stares and advances . But, I needed a lawyer. I was being followed . I was scared and sick and decided I have to fight back.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You can go to sites like who can help you find lawyers in your area who specialize in employment discrimination cases.

Also, you can file a complaint with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Generally, you are required to do so before filing a lawsuit and you must do so within 180 days of the last harrassment act.

You should go to the following website to help you file a charge with the EEOC: After you file, the EEOC will investigate the complaint on your behalf and could possibly award you compensatory and punitive damages.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was a player at the Casino and not an Employee. Therefore, do I file with EEOC. What if it's late ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The company office connected me with their attorney. The company office said I could not file with EEOC because it was not a work situation.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 11 months ago.
Oh ok. EEOC would not be appropriate then. You would have to sue in a court setting. Going to to find a local sexual harassment lawyer in your area would be your best option.