How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an attorney who can help me with contracting without

Customer Question

Hello , I need an attorney who can help me with contracting without a license in south florida, broward county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received a letter from the DBPR because I advertised on a magazine. I went there today and they said I have to wait for a letter from Tallahasee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I guess I can explain to him directly
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post or are you looking for a directory of online sources to find a local attorney who can help you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a pool company and as a matter of fact I am taking my test next week to get licensed. Back in September my wife paid for an ad on a local magazine and because I'm certified to perform the job she thought that meant being licensed. She wanted to surprised me and when I saw the ad I told her we were not allowed to do that so she cancel the ad for the following month. Yesterday I received a letter form the DBPR saying that I incur in a violation of the state law 489.127 (1)(F) . As I understand that violation is punishable as a first degree misdemeanor. I went to the DBPR today and the lady said that I have to wait for a letter from Tallahassee. I don't know what to do now and I need an advise and know what could happen.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.