RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I used a fuzzy picture and a did not use my first name on my

Customer Question

I used a fuzzy picture and a did not use my first name on my tinder account and someone is accusing me of being a sexual predator. This seems very silly to me, but do they have a any legal claim against me? I met them at their apartment and had only conversation and wine, no physical contact. I am not married, nor do I have a girlfriend etc. Is there anything to be concerned about?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience. People are strange, aren't they?

Based on these facts, no, there's no claim against you that I can see. It's certainly not a criminal act to meet someone and have drinks and conversation. And accusing you of something else - like a sexual assault would be their word against yours, and in the absence of physical evidence -a "rape kit" collected at the time of the alleged attack, evidence of injury, bruising, etc., there would be nothing to go on.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok- thank you for your time and insight.

Of course! Hope it helped. Have a good evening.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed? If so, kindly REPLY and I'm happy to help further! If not, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

Attorneys on Just Answer are not employees of this site, and are not paid until you leave a positive rating for our time and assistance. Thank you.