ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I recieved an email today from a company that I purchased

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I recieved an email today from a company that I purchased some product in June. I purchased it with my credit card but somehow they never charged my card. They are now asking for payment after an audit of their records. Am I legally required to pay now if the error was their mistake.
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: I am in North Carolina and the company is in Colorado. I purchased the product this June and recieved the email today.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The company has stated that they hope it was just an oversight and that I will be able to remit the funds due immediately.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes, you would still need to pay. The only time that you could keep the item without having to pay would be if the statute of limitations had been exceeded, and that's multiple years, so they can still make you pay. Even though this was clearly their mistake, it's unfortunately not something that you get to take advantage of.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time (~40 minutes) and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.r