Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Listen...i am a disabled person using a prosthetic leg to

Customer Question
walk JA: Because laws vary from...
listen...i am a disabled person using a prosthetic leg to walk
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO...i need some legal advice about filing something. i don't know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes...I have been given a prosthetic leg with a microprocessor knee that I cannot use to walk..the insurance paid their dues and i paid mine but now I am left with this leg that is an utter failure. What can be done? They refuse to refund me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/1/2016
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this;

is it not usable because the fit is not proper or the design is defective?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both fit and the chosen microprocessor knee joint does not work with my condition

Thank you; a few minutes please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it makes it very hard for me to walk with it . I was rushed into making a decision about it, when i knew nothing about the pros and cons of it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why did i just get charged another $ 35.00 ? I thought i only agreed to the $ 5.

I am an individual contributor- you will need to contact customer service for that. Do you have their contact information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.

Here you go:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I will opt out and wait until that is resolved. thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is your advice on this ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I would like an advice at this time. Not a refund.
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

The Attorneys have no access to billing or to the customer's account so before we proceed Please contact customer service to clarify the charges. Once you have done this let me know if you would like to continue. This is the number

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, if I can get an answer, it is fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope you have read my question about my prosthetic leg. What legal step can i take ?

Yes, I read through your question and I was saddened that they would not provide a refund for you knowingly that this was an improper fit for you.

There are a few things that can be done. Who sold you the product?

The first step is to contact their corporate office demanding a refund. Then we go from there.

The California Attorney General is tasked with consumer protection for the residents of the State of California you would want to file a complaint online against the company. This is the link https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

The next complaint goes to the Federal Consumer protection Bureau FTC at https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

Last but certainly not lease is having an local Attorney right the company a demand letter. Can you tell me where in CA you are located? I would also report them to the BBB just to give a heads up to other consumers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am in Arcadia, California. i went through the whole process with Hangar Orthotics and Prosthetics and they tried to return the knee to the producer of the knee but they refused to refund. So Hangar got back to me, saying that they have exhausted all their options
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the producer of the knee is Freedom innovations

Ok let me see what I can find on Freedom Innovations. In the meantime file the consumer protection complaints with the FTC and the Attorney General and I will provide you with a link for local Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations. Perhaps a demand letter will motivate them.

This is a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/consumer-protection/arcadia/california

Give me a few moments to look at this company.

"Global Headquarters
Freedom Innovations
3 Morgan
Irvine, CA 92618
toll free:(###) ###-####br />phone:(###) ###-####quot;

http://www.freedom-innovations.com/contactus/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will certainly credit you well.

It was my pleasure to assist you. I believe the rating system is at the top of your page.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney