How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118201
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a menatally ill disabled person on SSI I was expelled

Customer Question

I am a menatally ill disabled person on SSI I was expelled from an online university wrongfully the Office a Civil Right did an investigation and found in my favor the University had to offer me readmission as well as expunge the expellsion
What causes of action can I file a lawsuit under in Federal court the university called me a violent threat towards the university staff with no evidence of this
It is in writing
I filed in small claims court under defamation of character, discrimination and intentional infliction of emotional distress if I want to appeal the ruling how do I appeal it and if I want to file in Federal court under a different cause of action what would I file under
Also I am involved in a Risperdal breasts enlargement lawsuit I am curious to know what the average settlement is my lawyer could not tell me The lawyer are filing in California court in which the settlements tend to be higher
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also what area of law is this discrimination by the University I had very hard time find a lawyer who handles discrimination
at University's of disabled students can you locate what type of lawyer handles this type of case most lawyer handle
employment discrimination not discrimination against disabled student by University's
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are entitled to file ONE suit against the defendant. You would file for discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act if the Office of Civil Rights found in your favor and that claim could be filed in US District Court but would mandate you having a local attorney to file your suit. If you filed in small claims already for the discrimination, then that would stop you from filing any other suit in any other court if you lost the suit (unless the suit was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction or some other reason). Once the small claims court ruled in your case other than dismissal for lack of jurisdiction, you would have to file a notice of appeal in the small claims court and proceed to the circuit court again that would require you use a local discrimination law attorney who specializes in educational law to represent you in that court. So, those are your options based on the information you provided above.