How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am considering starting a class action lawsuit over a new

Customer Question

hello :) I am considering starting a class action lawsuit over a new forced pay plan that cut groomers pay as a result of another class action settlement this year against Petco. I do not know where to start
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WV
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can my company fire me for filing a lawsuit?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
All class action suits start by one person getting an attorney and filing a complaint in court. They must have an attorney because once suit is filed or shortly before it is filed the attorney will sign up multiple other plaintiffs and once they get 21 or more plaintiffs, the attorney has to apply to the court proving that all of the plaintiffs are similarly situated based on the same set of facts and asks the court to certify the class as being all plaintiffs with the same cause of action. So your first step here is you need to find a local employment law attorney to take your case explaining that there are numerous parties, more than 21, who are in the same situation as you, and that you want to pursue suit in court over their forced pay plan.