Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What are the best ways to find an affordable local civil

Customer Question
litigation attorney? Thanks,...
What are the best ways to find an affordable local civil litigation attorney? Thanks,
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/1/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

What city/state here so I may research this.Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Los Angeles County. Thanks,
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

AXIS Legal Counsel  

4.97 Google reviews

·

Law Firm

Address:***** 18th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90036

Phone(###) ###-####/p>

Hours:

Closed now

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Lieber & Galperin LLP, Los Angeles Civil Litigation Law Firm  

Address: U.S. Bank Tower, 633 W 5th St #2600, Los Angeles, CA 90071

Phone(###) ###-####/p>

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Law Offices of Gerald S. Ohn, APC

No reviews · Employment Attorney

*****#2700(###) ###-####/p>

Closed now

Three good and reasonable civil litigation possibilities.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.

Thanks again, Happy Halloween.

If you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the info! How do you know they are good?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you happen to know these attorneys or you just searched on avvo?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

AVVO rates all lawyers.You want the best one you can afford here.10 of 10 is the best.

I also looked them up and read their resumes and tried to match them to you , I also looked for ones I thought were more affordable.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Good luck here.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see. So these are the main ways? How to find out if an attorney is affordable or not? Thanks,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How to find unbundled civil litigation attorney?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

All lawyers in Los Angeles are going to be higher than say the more rural areas in most cases.I read their resumes and tried to find smaller or solo type folks.Also if none of these pan out use the California Bar I gave you .Tell them your cost restrictions and ask them to work with that as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. But regarding unbundled, just search the internet?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

California is really a leader in unbundled services..They started the trend here very limited in other states,

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

California: It is not unethical for an attorney to limit his/her professional engagement to the consulting, counseling, and guiding of self-representing lay persons in litigation matters, provided that the client is fully informed and expressly consents to the limited scope of representation. Los Angeles County Bar Association Professional Responsibility And Ethics Committee, Opinion No. 483, Los Angeles Lawyer, (February 1996).

California: If a client chooses to appear pro per (pro se) and there is not a court rule to the contrary, the attorney does not have to disclose the limited scope of representation to the court in which the matter is pending. An attorney may limit the scope of representation of a litigation client as long as the client consents to the limited representation. Los Angeles County Bar Association Professional Responsibility And Ethics Committee, Opinion No. 502, Los Angeles Lawyer.(November 4, 1999).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so if I want to find more just search on the internet?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Yes and give them a call.Most will talk to you and give you a fee quote for what you want done here.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Thanks and the best here.I appreciate helping you .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I will let you know if I have followup questions. Thanks,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ps are attorneys on superlawyers.com usually expensive?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it called civil rights attorney on avvo? If not, what should I put in the search bar for civil ligitation attorneys?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Usually but they are some of the best.Mr. Ohn would rate high for example.

Take care and good luck to you.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Civil litigation lawyers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Usually means civil rights?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Civil rights are where you have been denied some civil rights denied access to a building or public place, restrooms, something like that

Civil litigation or trial lawyers do civil suits against others, either you sue them or they sue you and you need counsel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah but on avvo how do I find civil litigation attorney?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You mean civil litigation and trial attorney both are ok for civil suites?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Yes most lawyers are on yelp too but AVVO for lawyers is pretty reliable.I look at how long they have been at it, I check the state bar to make sure no disciplinary complaints.I read their resume to see what experiences they have had along the way here.These are the kinds of things I use to try and find you suitable lawyer that you can afford.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. But how do I find civil attorneys, which category should I pick?:
https://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer/all-practice-areas/ca/los_angeles
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Sorry civil court here on AVVO and the city LA

https://www.avvo.com/topics/civil-court

Ray, Lawyer