How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102145
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Grand child cured of lukemia 2 1/2 yrs. Just found out

Customer Question

grand child cured of lukemia 2 1/2 yrs. Just found out previous tenant small child had brain camcer. should this be pursued, like have apt. enviourmental
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: san pedro, calif.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, daughter and son-law are in shock
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this. Please tell me what evidence do you have that says that this is environmental? And, do you know which company is responsible?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No evidence, other than amazing coincedance. I beleive the first step is to demand testing in case other child or adults are at risk. My question to you is what to do to protect any right that we may have.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. While there are certainty very strong laws state and federal when it comes to holding companies responsible for environment damage, the problem is that you do not have any proof of the cause and the source. What I would do is to have a special company (and they do exist) test the whole environment around the home and nearby. If carcinogens are found that are known to cause that same cancer, and especially if other children/adults nearby have the same illness, then once the carcinogens are traced to the manufacturer, the manufacturer can be sued.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions