How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have signed an equitable distribution

Customer Question

My husband and I have signed an equitable distribution settlement. I gave up my home to him and the mortgages for this home are only in my name. Even after discussing at length this matter. My attorney said there would be no worries, it would all be taken care of. I know find myself having the sign the deed to a property that I am financially responsible for. He could keep me tied up in this mortgage for years. Would a declaratory action help me set a limit on this time. Or are there other means to help me.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Just to be clear, the Judge never place a time limit on this?