LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have been declared incompetent due to a TBI If I get found

Customer Question

I have been declared incompetent due to a TBI If I get found competent, will I loose my disability
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening Kenneth,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your disability benefits are based on you having a TBI that prevents you from engaging in gainful employment. Th fact that you have been determined to be incompetent is not the sole reason you are rec diving disability, and even if you are deemed competent in the future, that will not automatically mean that you are capable of gainful employment.

So no, being adjudged competent in the future will not automatically result in you losing your disability benefits.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with this evening?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug