Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am currently the legal guardian of a gentleman with

Customer Question

I am currently the legal guardian of a gentleman with developmental disabilities. He is engaging in dangerous activities the agency he is placed with for his care is also having a difficult time managing his behaviors etc.
what legal implications am I being exposed to since no one can seem to manage his behaviors
Also too, how do I go about resigning as his guardian?
I would like to retain someone's services to discuss this.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are not legally exposed to liability simply by being his guardian. If nobody can manage his behaviors, it is your duty to work with the agency to find an appropriate facility that can care for people with his specific disabilities, but you do not face legal liability for his conduct, it is your duty to act for him since he cannot do so.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.