How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19131
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Colorado, No, no charge for intial consultation?

Customer Question

Hello Pearl
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no charge for intial consultation ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I own a 2 post auto lift. Rather than the locking type, it has a hydraulic equalizing valve. While lowering the car, the hydraulics on the lift became uneven thus ripping one of the polls clear out of the floor, and damaging the car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is the manufacturer of the lift responsible at all, if I can state what happened, or am more likely to get blamed for faulty use or installation ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

It depends. If you can show that there is a manufacturer's defect/design defect that caused the problem, then you go after the manufacturer for the damaged car. Otherwise, you would be blamed for not using the equipment correctly or for improper installation.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sounds hard to substantiate without an engineers report
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have additional question for me?