Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My father passed away and my brother and myself are selling

Customer Question

My father passed away and my brother and myself are selling his house in Pennsylvania. The home is worth approximately $170,000. My father had taken out a reverse mortgage of $101,000. and we owe Medicaid $31,000.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The home is in Pennsylvania. We will still need to pay realtor fees & etc. My question is will a Estate attorney charge a percentage of the sale of the house or based on what my brother and I would receive after everything is paid.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no not yet, family members said we would have to hire an Estate Attorney.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

The attorney's fee would normally be on an hourly fee agreement or be based on a typical percentage of the entire estate. A court case set out what is considered "reasonable" if it is a percentage of the value of the estate.

.

This is a link to the fee schedule: PA Attorney Probate Fees

.

.

thanks