How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7074
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

T used someone elses ss number was that legal marraige, he

Customer Question

t used someone elses ss number was that legal marraige
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: he used someone elses ss number in Nashville tenn
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no didn't know how or what to do he was deported back to mexico
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he was illegal
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. I am a little unclear on your question. Are you asking if a marriage will still be legal even though a false social security number was used?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it was his name but hes from mexico he used a fake ss number
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

The Social Security number being false would not be not invalidate the marriage. Unless he tricked you into believing he was legal or used some other deception.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
he did I was unaware he wasent legal
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

In many states a fake SS number could be grounds for an invalid marriage, however, this is not the case on Tennessee.

This is what the law requires:

"ID Requirement:

  • A valid driver license

  • State issued picture ID

  • State certified birth certificate

  • Military ID

  • Valid VISA

  • Valid Passport

  • Social Security number must be given if applicant has one (T.C.A. 36-3-104)"

The wording interesting because it just requires an SS number all other ID as you can see above needs to be valid.

If the marriage was based on fraud or deception you can have it annulled.

These are the grounds for an annulment of the marriage:

"When can you get an annulment?

For the court to nullify the marriage, the union must be intrinsically defective. Therefore, the annulment grounds reflect circumstances that courts have recognized historically as defects sufficient to render the marriage void. Those reasons are based on society and procreation, public policy, and violations of law:

  • Incurable impotence
  • Failure to consummate the marriage
  • Incestuous marriage
  • Secret pregnancy at time of marriage
  • Minor marries without consent from a parent or guardian
  • Bigamy
  • Mental incapacity or insanity
  • Marriage by fraud
  • Marriage under duress, force, or threat of physical harm
  • Limited purpose marriage"

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

I can provide a link for Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations to assist you with an annulment? Are you in the Nashville area?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I'm now in Portageville Missouri
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

OK I will provide a link

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Are you still with me?