Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been on a dating site. I am gay. I meet a younger man

Customer Question
I have been on a...
I have been on a dating site. I am gay . I meet a younger man on line his profile said he was 30 years old. I have been on this site a while. I am 52 years old. The younger man who said he was 30 years old lie. His father called me and said he was going to arrest me . There was some sort of complaint he made against me . I never met this person. we did text each other. I have been on this site for a while. I am not a sex offender. I received a call yesterday from Washington dc. I dd not know what to make of it . I brush it off I called today and a recording came on the man said his name was Alan fox his is mra mediation.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: sorry I am in Ohio I have no criminal record I believe the other person was in boston city laurel
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I TALK WITH THIS PERSON ABOUT 2 WEEKS
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had the call from Washington . Nothing locally where I lived I deleted my account form Mingle 2
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/28/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Did the father ask you for money in order not to prosecute you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No he said he was getting hold of authority to put me in jail
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I JUST FILED BANKRUPTCY I HAVE NO MONEY
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MY HOUSE IS IN FORECLOSURE
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WAS CHARGE.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THIS IS ON MY DEBIT CARD

You were charged for the initial deposit. Your payment for the phone call did not go through so you weren't charged for that. If you don't want to pay for the phone call, we can just proceed here.

Please give me a few minutes to type a full response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK HOW MUCH WAS THE CHARGE

My guess is $36 but I don't know that for sure. YOu need to contact customer service to find out. They are at***@******.***.

Do you still wish an answer or would you prefer a refund?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE NOT EVEN GOT SOME SORT OF ANSWER AS TO WHAT I NEED TO DO

Right. I have asked you whether you want an answer or you want a refund. If you want an answer, I can give you one. If you would rather have a refund, you need to contact customer service at***@******.*** Let me know.

Tina, Lawyer