How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118113
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a breakup - assets and home are involved.

Customer Question

Hi, I am going through a breakup - assets and home are involved. we have a signed and notarized contract to sell the home and divide the assets. This last weekend the other party was out of control with a loaded gun and doing damage to the home that is currently up for sale. I filed an OP against the other party to protect myself, personal prop and the home. When she was served at the house (she claims she already moved out on that sunday), she slammed the door at the process server, was told to leave and the office allowed her to grab some of her items. Since then she went to FB with a huge allegation and non of the fact finding was accurate, it was all hearsay. What can I do to stop posting - it was even noted these are facts so I do not get sued for slander, however there are no facts to support. She is smearing my name on FB with friends we both have. What can I do to have her stop?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona, Maricopa County
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO, only the OP filed by me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a motion for contempt of the OP first of all. Second, just because she says they are the facts so she does not get sued for slander does not make it so. Finally, you would have to file a separate suit against her for slander/libel and you need to ask the court for an injunction as part of the suit to remove the posts and also to prohibit he from making any new posts as well. So you have some options, you need to take those two steps and you can do them both at the same time.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.