Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there a such a thing as a court ordered blood test or a

Customer Question
government lab that would be...
Is there a such a thing as a court ordered blood test or a government lab that would be outside of our corporatized health care system? I believe my test results are being suppressed and would like an objective blood panel done that I can rely on. I don't know where to turn. My Dr's are telling me I am fine, but I have physiological signs that I am not, that they are dismissing, without any explanation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/28/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This depends a lot on the situation. Can you please provide some background? Is this part of a court case? For what - custody? Or what exactly is the background situation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Physician of 25 years was let go of his practice that he helped build after it was purchased by a large network. He overprescribed, I have been having health problems, I can't get answers to. I have had extensive testing. I believe there is a cover up going on. I don't trust the corporate take over of Dr practice's and am not smart enough to know how to get an objective opinion.

Thank you. Courts can order a DNA or another such test, but this is typically only done in cases of paternity or probate (when there is a disagreement over biological relation).

Most labs are private. The Court will direct the parties to go to a reputable lab and have the lab do the test and send back sealed results to the Court.

There is no central lab database.

A party is free to of course visit a lab and do a test and get results back directly to them at any time. There are many businesses that do just that, and offer lab services for blood, sugar test, DNA tests, etc.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This does not answer my question. I do not have a case without proof. The question is how do I get proof? Outside the corporate controlled world of testing and Physicians.

Shane,

With all due respect, there is no corporate system for lab results or physicians. They do not share information with each other, and cannot share it with anyone but you under HIPAA law (with very few exceptions), which guarantees privacy for patients. If this information is shared with a third party outside the law, these labs or doctors' offices can face massive sanctions by the US Dept of Health and Human Services and state agencies, and, lawsuits by the patients.

If you feel you are being watched or followed or there is a conspiracy against you, okay. That is fine. You can go to a small "no name" laboratory to get something tested. Perhaps going to a smaller lab as opposed to the big names such as "Any Lab Now" or "Quest" may make you feel more in control of the situation.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do you even find such a lab and how do I book an appointment without a Dr order, or without going on-line. I honestly feel trapped in this system. I feel I am at a huge disadvantage with a giant corporation protecting it's own and itself from a malpractice suit.Failure to diagnose raises the stakes every time there is a suppressed result.I guess I will instruct my family to have thorough autopsy to determine that my Physicians network let me die rather than give me a diagnosis. What about all the money I keep spending in desperation to try and get answers to my health problems?Super aggravated and desperate.
You do not need a physician's referral to do a lab test!
You can just come in and say, "Hey, I need an MRI" or "I'd like a glucose screening."
If you have the money, they'll do it. Many times people come in being directed by their physician, but not always. Some people simply keep tabs on their blood/etc themselves and come in themselves without a physician referral.
If you tell me what city/state you are in, I can provide you with a list of small, independent lab services near you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seattle WA
BLOOD TEST SEATTLE
No reviews · Medical Laboratory *****(###) ###-####
LabCorp
No reviews · Medical Laboratory *****NW #2 (###) ###-####
LabCorp
1 review · Medical Laboratory
360,*****NE (###) ###-####
Open until 5:00 PM
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't trust that these labs are untouchable by a large healthcare physicians network.
If you believe that every lab is compromised in your area by a corporate "network" of some sort (regardless of what I have explained to the contrary), I am afraid that there is really no other alternative.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well what if it is and I don't find out until I'm dead. That would suck for me wouldn't it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to know if you are familiar with a government run testing lab, verifiable by counsel. One used by lawyers when results may be in dispute.
Private parties cannot use a government laboratory facility for their own private needs (litigation or otherwise).
You have at your disposal only private business labaratories.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
instruct my wife to wait until I'm dead is your answer to my question. Wouldn't it be great to be able to prove that I am just being paranoid? I thought you might give some advice on how to do just that.
My apologies for the wait. With respect, I do believe that you are being a bit overly-cautious in this scenario. However, I am not sure how to prove this to you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I first started having problems my Dr hesitated to do a blood panel, he wanted to do a finger prick to check my cholesterol. Given the circumstances and the look on his face, set all this "overly cautious" paranoia in motion. I am having unexplained, undiagnosed physiological symptoms. Very frustrating.
Then you may wish to get a screening done. Any lab can do it.
Ely, Counselor at Law