How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34479
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandnephew was killed in a car accident 5/27/16, and he

Customer Question

My grandnephew was killed in a car accident 5/27/16, and he was 16 y.o., the funeral home treated the mother and family so horribly. I am the aunt of the mother (her mother and I are sisters) and we tried to request an apology
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: washington state yakima county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Since my brother and I witnessed this exchange-we both wrote the funeral home director and I have visited twice since to find out and the funeral director was supposed to call me back in July with no respone
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are native american and I don't know who to turn to so my niece and sister and myself can get this resolved I dont know I guess most times I know as Native American we never get anything resolved
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

You can file a licensing complaint with the state board. They will investigate and they can fine the funeral home or even revoke its license if they find that they violated the professional rules of conduct.

The form and instructions are available at the following link:

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Also, if you were discriminated against due to your race or ethnicity then you may have a discrimination claim which you can pursue civilly with the assistance of a civil rights attorney. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!