How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is, I owned a body and shop business, and my

Customer Question

My question is, I owned a body and shop business, and my landlord locked my shop and me out with out any eviction notice or proper cause. My question is can i break in my shop and without getting arrest or so?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
when you opt out anyone they cannot answer you and that is why you received no response to your follow up question. Also, you do not need to leave negative feedback to reply to an expert who is giving you legally correct information. If you have a follow up question, just use REPLY, thank you for understanding this as most new customers of our site do get confused. So if you would like a reply, please return to your previous question and click on the opt in button and you will get a reply.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok I apologized
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply, no worries, most customers do get confused with our site.
If you enter the building without you going to court and getting a court order to do so, the landlord can actually have you arrested for trespassing. Unfortunately, distraint means the landlord has taken possession of the building and you cannot reenter without either the landlord's permission or a court order. So now you need to file suit in court against the landlord for breach of lease and an order to allow you to enter if he refuses to do so.