Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a sun who is american and we would like to go back to

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a sun who is american and we would like to go back to USA
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: for now we are back to Africa but we leave in GA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the sun obtain all the paper and passport
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: us parent we are congolese we need to go back to usa
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
How old is your son? Have you applied for the visa lottery?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
only 4 months
for the lottery yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you online
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, even though your son is American, that does not entitle you to a visa to reside in the US. Your son has to be at least 21 years old to sponsor you for a resident visa in the US (which is why I asked his age). If you want to come here as a resident, you would need to apply through the lottery for a resident visa or would need to find an employer here to hire you and apply for a work visa. Other than those means of coming here legally, there are no means of getting a resident visa just because your son is a citizen.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have one employer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if you provide me your phone number, I can link him to you
Thank you for your reply.
We cannot represent you, so we cannot contact him on your behalf. If you have an employer in the US willing to hire you, then they will have to start the visa application process, but those employment based visas will not be issued until October 2017 and are issued every year in October, so you missed this year's cut off date. The employer has to file for your visa before April 1, 2017 for you to be eligible to come in October 2017 if approved.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your advice
But please if we come with the tourist visa, can you assist us to get the resident visa
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid you have no basis legally for resident visa based on what you said above. If you try to come here on tourist visa and have the intent to remain, they will deny your tourist visa as well. You have to apply for the resident visa lottery first of all and while waiting for that you need to get an employer willing to hire you to try to get you a work visa in the meantime.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
you can assist me on that ?
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry, state laws prohibit any expert on this site from representing any customer. So by law, we cannot actually represent you to do that all we can do is provide people with information to try to answer their questions.
Unfortunately, sometimes that information is not positive for some people based on their facts and the laws. If you want to hire a local immigration attorney in the US, you can hire one from the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Thank you for your reply.