Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was wondering if you could help me determine how much i

Customer Question
would be payng monthly in...
i was wondering if you could help me determine how much i would be payng monthly in child support
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: i was wondering if you could help me determine how much i would be payng monthly in child support
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ready
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/28/2016
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Can I get the approximate salary of the obligor please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I make 13 an hour

Would this be 40 hours a week?

Thanks - a few minutes please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also if I get a second job to supplement the portion taken out will more be taken out from the second job

Thank you; for one child, the approximate monthly obligation would be $380, assuming there are no other children from other relationships that need supported.

The rule of thumb is 20% of the net income for one child' 25% for 2, 30% for 3, 35% for 4.

And yes, unfortunately a second job would typically result in additional money being taken out.

Here is the relevant statute

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for 2 children approximate 500?

Between $475-500;

also, if there is any court ordered medical expenses to be paid by the obligor, that is deducted from the gross income, so that it would be 20% (25% for 2) of the net income after for example, medical payments, including premiums, paid for the minor child.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer