Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We have separate sick leave and vacation time accruement in

Customer Question
our company. An employee here...
We have separate sick leave and vacation time accruement in our company. An employee here is upset that she can't use her sick time for her vacation. Am I right in saying no.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Washington State
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/27/2016
Lawyer: Brandon M., Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law

Good afternoon. May I safely assume that (1) you are a private employer, (2) you do not have any sort of written contractual employment agreement with or involving the employee, and (3) you do not have a company policy that allows the employee to use sick time for vacation?

Tina, Lawyer